Our guest blogger is Jeannie Kaye author of Ever Locked (4.9 stars on 44 reviews).
Book Boyfriends; Making Them Real
An article came out a few years ago fraught with accusations against romance novels. It stated they are like pornography for women—addictive and robbing them of the ability to experience true romance with a real man.
Ridiculous. Thankfully, many articles followed stating the exact opposite. Of course, we all knew that girl in high school that obsessed over celebrities while ignoring the boys that pursued her. Or maybe you saw the Bachelor episode featuring the contestant with the tie tucked in her dress, hoping to make the Bachelor into Christian Grey of Fifty Shades. Those women are anomalies, not the norm.
Truthfully, however, real life romance can sometimes fall into the dull. Book boyfriends are helpful because they remind us that things can be a lot more lively in our romance. So, let’s take a page from our book boyfriend’s novel and look at some ways to pump up the romance in our real relationships.
Here are ten things you can do to reignite the romance in your life:
- Write out the Story of How You Met and Fell in Love
- You have a real romance story right there!
- Make a List of Every Positive Quality in Your Spouse or Boyfriend
- We often focus too much on what’s not right. Focus on the positive.
- Remind Yourself of the Negative Traits of Your Exes
- There is a reason you are not with them anymore. Even if they left you, that makes them an idiot.
- Make an Effort with Your Appearance
- Wax, makeup and cute outfits make you feel better and act better. He’ll notice.
- Sexy Lingerie—Just do it!
- Order online. No matter what your size, everyone looks good in sexy lingerie.
- Go On a Date
- Remember how fun it was to just sit in a restaurant and talk?
- Go on a Trip
- It doesn’t have to be long or expensive, but getting away from the hum drum helps you remember the ooh la la.
- Cut the Complaints
- When you feel tempted to make a snide remark, zip it.
- Compliment Him
- It seems counterintuitive, but it’s like the magic formula. Give him at least three compliments a day, and you’ll watch Mr. Annoying transform into Mr. Amorous.
- Send Him Messages
- Send texts and emails with short and sweet sentiments, promises of fun, reminders of how awesome he is, compliments and warm thoughts. Include some photos of fun times you’ve had together.
Even though I’m a Life Coach and author of romance novels, I’ll admit it’s sometimes easy to let my own marriage drift into empty space. After twenty-three years of matrimony, Read more »