Before submitting an interview please follow this link for complete details on this promotion.
1. What was unique about the setting of the book and how did it enhance or take away from the story?
2. What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
3. Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?
4. How do characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger such changes?
5. In what ways do the events in the books reveal evidence of the author’s world view?
6. Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life you might not have thought about before?
7. Was there a basis for your story? A previous experience? Something else?
8. What research did you have to perform to back up your story? Any research which really opened your eyes or gave you new respect for a topic or profession?
9. What is your method for writing a book? A certain amount of hours every day? A certain routine? Are you character/story builder or an outliner or some other method?
10. How do you get past writers block or distractions like the internet?
11. Favorite book from childhood.
12. What’s on your desk? Can you see your desk? Describe what you see when you look around.