Since 2009, we have seen hundreds of thousands of book covers and descriptions come across our computer screens via Amazon.
We see beautiful book covers, carefully edited books, and perfectly crafted books from the creativity of thousands of authors.
Yet on a daily basis we see book descriptions that have no or little formatting, paragraphs that run together, and overall very hard to read book descriptions on Amazon.
This issue is not as critical as a quality book cover, but when a reader is trying to decide between a couple of books which to purchase one has to wonder how many sales are lost to the book with a poorly formatted Amazon book description.
Good news! It is not as hard or time consuming as one might think to greatly improve the formatting of your Amazon book description.
Listed below are several links to free resources on how to format your Amazon book description.
- Quackit Online HTML Editor: this is quick and easy to tryout. Copy your book description from Amazon and past it as text into the editor. Format the description and generate the HTML code. In most cases this will be enough to enhance the formatting of your Amazon book description.
- Do you have a blog that runs on WordPress? Use WordPress to generate your HTML code for your Amazon book description.
- Use Amazon’s Author Central. This blog post from Fix My Story.com gives a simple summary of how to use HTML on Amazon. Not as easy as options #1 and #2.
- Author Marketing Club. However you need to be a paid premium member to use their Amazon Description Generator. Options #1 and #2 will achieve the same result.
- Do a Google search. There are many other resources but do not spend to much time. The options listed above you be more than enough to enhance your Amazon book description which will ultimately help you sell more books!